Circle Sanctuary is a nonprofit Pagan church, Nature Spirituality resource center, and 200 acre nature preserve. Since 1974, Circle Sanctuary's mission has been to honor the Divine in Nature and serve those of Pagan and related spiritual paths. We accomplish this through many programs which include:
- Offering a variety of events, including monthly Full Moon Circles, larger seasonal festivals, and Pagan Spirit Gathering, one of the oldest and largest Pagan festivals in the United States.
- Providing Pagan spirituality educational resources online via our extensive website, in weekly podcasts, in workshops at events at Circle Sanctuary and across the nation, and through in-print and online publications.
- Engaging in chaplaincy services to bring teaching and counseling to numerous communities across the country including special ministries on campuses, in hospitals and hospices, in prisons, and at military installations.
- Advocating for Pagan civil rights and religious freedom through the work of the Lady Liberty League: providing accurate information about Pagan beliefs and practices to media, law enforcement, and government; and offering support to individuals and groups facing discrimination.
- Maintaining Circle Sanctuary Nature Preserve, 200 acres of restored wildlife habitat and sacred space, including Circle Cemetery, a national Pagan cemetery offering natural burial and memorial options to Pagans of many paths.
Why become a member of Circle Sanctuary?
Circle Sanctuary Membership is a way to connect with Circle Sanctuary's events, educational resources, and programs. Membership is a way for you to directly:
- Receive the latest updates on Circle Sanctuary's work and upcoming events through email updates and a members-only quarterly newsletter
- Connect with like-minded people, coming together with a common intention to honor the Divine in Nature and create community
- Exchange information with Circle to help guide how our programs and events develop, to better serve all of our community
- Financially and energetically support the work of Circle Sanctuary's many programs that benefit the Pagan/Nature spirituality community, including chaplaincy work, the advocacy of Lady Liberty League and rites of passage resources.
More programs, events, and resources for members will be created over the coming years, with the direct input of members as to what will benefit you and your spiritual journey. Our membership program is just starting, and we hope you will be part of guiding its development!
Who can become a member?
Just like the Pagan/Nature Spirituality community, Circle Sanctuary's membership is diverse. Membership is open to those who practice one or more forms of Paganism or a related path of Nature Spirituality including Wiccans, Druids, Polytheists, Heathens, Unitarian Universalists, Witches, Humanists, Shamanic practitioners and those who use many other names. Circle Sanctuary membership is not exclusive, and we welcome those who are also part of other organizations, traditions, covens, groves, kindreds, circles, fellowships, as well as solitary practitioners.
While the specifics of individual beliefs and practices may differ, members agree to a set of basic tenets including:
- Reverence and respect for Nature.
- A code of ethics that promotes and values well-being and harmonious relationships.
- Respect for the sacredness and essential human dignity of all persons, as stated in our Inclusiveness Policy.
How to become a member:
Becoming a member is easy! Simply fill out our online membership form and select the membership level that is right for you and your household. Membership is for one year, with the option to renew annually.
Basic membership for an individual is $45, but if you have the financial means to do so, we encourage you to consider supporting Circle Sanctuary at a higher membership level. Circle Sanctuary depends on the generosity of our community to survive and to continue and expand programs that benefit us all. If you have the means to offer more, know that you are making an offering not only for yourself but the many others with less who also benefit from Circle Sanctuary’s work and programs.
Discounted membership is available for full-time students, those on active duty military service, and DRGLs of Pagan military circles we sponsor.
Regardless of level, all members are important and equally a part of Circle Sanctuary!
Questions about membership:
If you have questions about Circle Sanctuary's membership program or your own membership, we encourage you to please contact the Circle office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (608) 924-2216.
Thank you for becoming a part of this new and exciting chapter in the life of Circle Sanctuary!